Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We are pregnant!

We found out June 28th that we are going to be parents. It was a surreal moment to say the least. The 2nd pink line was so faint I almost threw it away thinking it was negative. When I noticed the 2nd line I was in disbelief and immediately felt a rush of emotion. I woke sleepy Zach (he had been working all night and morning and had only been sleeping a couple hours) and turned on the light. He was so confused when I stuck the test in his face asking "Is that a second line, or am I just seeing things?". Needless to say he confirmed it and could not get back to bed. I will never forget the huge smile that would not leave his face. I knew he would be excited, but I didn't realize until that moment how badly he wanted to be a daddy. When we took the 2nd test later that evening (we could not wait until the next morning pee) I was so ready for disappointment. I told Zach there was a good chance it would be negative so don't be upset. Really I was trying to convince myself that a negative result was o.k. and it would happen when it was time. The second test was positive immediately and we were jumping for joy! That was when I let myself fall in love...and my love grows daily.  
I am 14 weeks and counting...

No comments:

Post a Comment