Thursday, November 18, 2010

Now 24 weeks on 11/17/10

How your baby's growing:

Your baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since last week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.

Feeling him kick, roll, twist...everyday now. By far this is the most exciting part of being pregnant...feeling him move is awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey guys!!

    I've been thinking about you two (three!) lately, guess it's the holidays... and I just checked in with your blog for the first time in awhile... I'm SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! OMG, the mantle pictures in pajamas - cracks me up. I have the very same ones. Your little belly is so beautiful, it's like a perfect little (well, not so much anymore!) ball. Being pregnant suits you Destini, you're beautiful. You look so happy, really really happy. And Zach's beard, well, good thing he's got redeeming qualities! LOL JUST KIDDING Zach!!! I bet you're having the best holidays ever... just wait until you're holding your baby boy in your arms next year singing Christmas carols and eating Thanksgiving dinner with him. You think it's fun now? Couldn't be happier for you both. Glad to hear the pregnancy is progressing happily and healthy (what's all this about the blood test, yikes! I hate that... all the worries along the way that turn out to be absolutely nothing.) Keep blogging, looking back on this will be so much fun. How's yoga going?? How cool! And you guys found your doula? Double cool. Are you getting excited for labor at all? Don't be scared. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I wanna do all day everyday, but it's tremendously exciting, so powerful, such a bonding experience. It's truly magical. And it hurts like f-in hell, but you CAN do it, it's more fun than it hurts - and this coming from someone that did not have an "easy" labor, like any of them are! Dr. S has your back and Zach is gonna be awesome in there. Have fun daydreaming about your baby during the final stretch, isn't feeling him move the BEST?! Are you keeping names a secret? I love names, I'm dying to know what's on the table. Anyway, I'm thinking of you, Brenley and I will pray for Baby Boy True and I know you'll savor every moment of this. We're very blessed as women to be able to experience this, it's a miracle. Even though sometimes, I'll admit, it doesn't really feel like a blessing. Hang in there, be happy and healthy and take care of each other. Hope to see you guys sooner than later. Just wanted to say hi for now! Our love to you three; W,B&B

    ReplyDelete