Sunday, January 9, 2011

31 weeks-How the Babies Growing-My wishes for this year

How your baby's growing:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


Baby boy gets the hiccups daily...it is the coolest feeling. What I feel is his head thumping back in forth in rhythm each time he hiccups. His head is already very low in my belly...feels like he is in my bladder sometimes. I have been sleeping off and on for a few weeks now through the night. It is not too bad at this point..I am getting used to waking up to pee about 3-4 times a night. It is mostly because of all the pressure he puts on my bladder. I love being pregnant and am sad to think there is such a short time left...I will never carry him with me like this again. On the other hand I look forward to what this new year brings...I dream about him but I still can't fully see his face. I can't wait to lay eyes on him for the first time. We decided not to do a 3D sonogram so we can be totally surprised about all his facial features. All I know is he will have a tiny button nose and a lot of dark hair on his head.

I don't know how big he will be at birth but I am confident that my body and God are creating the perfect size baby for us.

We met with our doula Catherine yesterday to go over all things baby...we addressed fears and concerns about labor. We also talked about hopes and wishes about birth and our baby. It is so fun to be able to communicate with Zach so freely about these things and he is so involved. We are getting more and more excited about labor and can't wait to take the journey together.

We hope to have the nursery finished (or almost) finished by the end of the month. Primer went up today, maybe paint tomorrow. We start birthing class next Saturday. Looking forward to it. It will be interesting to meet other couples going through the same thing we are.

I pray 2011 brings many blessing to us all. May God protect us always, May our minds and bodies be healthy, May we be surrounded by love and loving people, May we embrace the life we have been given and make it one we are proud of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment