Monday, April 11, 2011

Weight Check

My baby broke eight pounds this week! Colton now weighs 8 pounds, 3.6 ounces. So excited to see that he is gaining as he should. With breast feeding you never really know for sure how much your baby is getting so getting him weighed once a week really gives me peace of mind. I find myself relaxing more during the week when I know he is on track.

Today was our first day all alone and it was a busy one! I had my first doctor appointment since the birth and check up went well. I am o.k. and can continue my life as normal (ha ha, what is normal again??). The wait time to see my doctor was extra long today at 1.5 hours so I bottle fed Colton expressed breast milk while I waited. That was hilarious as I am sure the new mom-ness showed all over me as I tried to figure out how to pour the precious liquid gold from the freezer bag into the bottle (why is there not a built in spout in those bags??).   I literally started planning last night for our outing today since I knew after my appointment I had to eat lunch then head to BF support group. Not sure if I will ever see a day again where I don't have to start preparing to leave the house a minimum of 2 hours prior to when I need to leave in order to leave somewhat on time. Feedings, diaper changes, unexpected spit-ups, dogs that want to eat too, managing to brush my teeth and use the bathroom and maybe get dressed, maybe I should eat something today, forget taking a nap....
At the end of today I found myself driving home with the beautiful sun shining (and a headache from you know where) thinking I love this life! (and I really do, it was a great first day on my own as a mommy)

No comments:

Post a Comment