Went to the doc today. He said all is well. I am scheduled for a sonogram on 10/18 and we will find out if we are having a boy or girl that day. I feel pretty good. My weight is starting to balance out so I am much more relaxed. It seems I just had a really big spurt at the beginning and I am hoping to stay on track from here on out. The doctor told me to pay attention to when I feel the first "kick" and mark the date on my calendar. That will be a big day! I am so ready to feel the baby move everyday. Now I feel things here and there but mostly growing pains from my uterus stretching, no real kicks yet. Doc says first pregnancies it can happen as late as 18-20 weeks before you really start feeling it. I hope it happens sooner! Here is what the baby is doing now:
How your baby's growing:
Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.
Sorry for the big gap in time since my last post. Last week I had insurance class for work and a major test last Friday to become licensed to sell property & casualty insurance. I will have you know that with mommy brain and all I passed and have one more egg in my resume basket. I was more than relieved to know I am still capable of taking a class and passing a test. It has been a while since I did that.
Zach is busy still training in his new position at work. He is growing a full beard and is hairier than I have ever seen him. He looks like the Brawny paper towel man. I laugh thinking of the first pics with our new baby and what we will think looking back at his hairy face.
Congratulations to you on your test! I am so happy that everything is progressing perfectly for the two of you and that you have relaxed in worrying about weight. You look absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to hear the news on your baby in 10/18! I am sure you guys can't wait so much more. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes, Lize